Industrial Hygiene & Environmental Health
Helping to identify, monitor, and control workplace health hazards
Enterprise Ventures Corporation’s (EVC) Industrial Hygiene (IH) and Environmental Health team employs Certified Industrial Hygienists. We leverage their knowledge to provide Industrial Hygiene support which includes hazard anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control within work environments; development of IH data management tools and techniques; and development or evaluation of occupational health and safety programs.
Our team is helping the DoD and military installations achieve their goals of reducing lost workdays and worker compensation claims. We have done this by improving the method and tools for the Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System (DOEHRS)—enhancing the consistency of collecting, analyzing, managing, and utilizing occupational health information. These tools have enabled us to survey over 8,000 shops and evaluate over 13,000 processes at 45 Army installations for occupational exposures. We established baseline records affecting thousands of workers where no record existed.
- EVC provides our clients with improved workplace exposure assessment strategies by leveraging subject matter expertise, offering practical solutions, and following the American Industrial Hygiene Association Model for Exposure Assessment of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) regulated contaminants.
- EVC helps clients reduce noise-related hearing loss by supporting the OSHA and Department of Defense (DoD) mandate for organizations to establish a Hearing Conservation Program and identifying noise-generating processes and personnel who work with/near these processes.
- EVC provides comprehensive IAQ surveys, field studies, and consultations following a multi-disciplinary approach. Our experts include Certified Industrial Hygienists, professional engineers, safety professionals, environmental specialists, and laboratory professionals.
- EVC provides support for the health and safety of laboratory employees by minimizing the risk of chemical exposure and work-related injury and illness and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
- Our industrial hygienists and engineers help provide a healthy and safe working environment by providing concept designs, design reviews, and ventilation systems assessments. We support all types of occupancies from heavy industrial, to medical facilities, to administrative office environments.
- We provide an objective assessment against Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and OSHA requirements, company policy, or best practices by assembling audit teams to examine program documentation; interview employees, safety and health personnel, site management, and union representatives; and conduct walk-through inspections.