Safety Management Systems
Helping establish, operate, and maintain Safety Management Systems to control hazards, risks, and costs across your enterprise
Enterprise Ventures Corporation’s (EVC’s) Environmental, Safety, & Occupational Health experts analyze, organize, and address the daily challenges you face in executing a safety program. Our safety experts have provided assistance to more than 300 industrial, medical, transportation, and office sites worldwide towards their completion of a safety management system (SMS). We do this through an integrated framework and comprehensive approach to DoD safety and occupational health systems management primarily focused on improving safety program performance.
If you’re learning about, pursuing, or maintaining the benefits of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) Star recognition, American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Z-10 certification, or Occupational Health & Safety Advisory Services (OHSAS) 18001/ISO 45001 certification, we can help.
EVC’s experts, including Certified Safety Professionals and Certified Industrial Hygienists, assist federal, public, and industry worksites with SMS implementation, interpretation, tailoring, and continuous improvement. Many have elected to pursue VPP Star recognition, OSHA’s highest designation for outstanding workplaces with comprehensive and successful safety and health management performance.
EVC’s team members are experts in adapting SMS and ISO standards to each organization’s Safety and Occupational Health (SOH) system and culture. We help clients create a performance-based program that allows them to achieve ISO 45001 certification. Our success is proven through:
- Long-term clients
- Client surveys and testimonials
- Government contract CPARS
EVC has expertise and past performance in implementing SMS criteria and assisting organizations in achieving certification and corresponding results in injury/illness rates below Bureau of Labor Statistics averages specific to their business. This also helps our clients with cost avoidance–helping safety professionals support implementation costs and making advocates in executive leadership. Based on the average cost of an injury according to the National Safety Council, a company experiencing an employee injury with direct costs of $5,000 is expected to carry indirect costs of approximately $20,000, bringing the total cost to $25,000. Based on a profit margin of 10%, it would take the same company $250,000 of revenue creation (and collection) to offset the expense. Our team’s 10 years of SMS/ISO/OHSAS and VPP implementation experience has resulted in significant injury/illness reduction, SMS certifications, and the resulting cost savings. We have a 100% track record on ensuring an organization can become certified. If we say your organization is ready, you will be certified.
We not only identify the issues, we provide the solutions to implementing a performance-based SMS that reduces injuries, occupational illnesses, and costs, while increasing organizational effectiveness, productivity, and mission capability.
- EVC helps organizations implement a variety of SMS approaches that include OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP), ANSI Z-10, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) SMS to prevent accidents and illnesses and sustain safety in the workplace.
- Our safety experts conduct assessments and provide a gap analysis and action plan tailored to the client’s needs to reduce injuries/illnesses, improve work environments, and drive productivity.
- EVC provides web-based implementation and project management tools designed to aid in implementation and capture metrics and annual program criteria.
- EVC assists with developing (SOH) policy documents, training, and communication plans to facilitate SMS implementation and improve worker awareness of workplace hazards.