H-60 Bridge Tool Deluxe Kit
Specially designed tools for the removal and installation of the forward and aft bridge assemblies on H-60 aircraft
Enterprise Ventures Corporation’s (EVC’s) H-60 Bridge Tool Deluxe Kit contains specially designed tools for the removal and installation of H-60 aircraft forward and aft bridge assembly components. With hands-on input from H-60 maintainers, these tools were purpose-built, using materials and coatings that allow for zero maintenance-induced damage. Superior to conventional methods, the Bridge Tool Deluxe Kit enables a significant reduction in maintenance labor hours and component damage risk when performing 5-pack transmission main module maintenance.
The result is sustainable process improvement over conventional methods—returning aircraft to mission readiness faster at a reduced cost.
- Labor Savings
- The Bridge Tool Deluxe Kit eliminates bridge removal required during RESET and reduces depot maintenance in the bridge area, phases/Time Between Overhauls, and unscheduled bridge components maintenance
- A Navy study found that 75% less labor is required for bridge 5-pack removal per aircraft.
- Increased Quality and Cost Avoidance
- The positive alignment of Bridge Tools prevents collateral damage to bridge components (gearbox transmission, bellcranks, rods, etc.)
- There’s no need for screwdrivers, pry bars, or 2x4s to risk damage to components (structural supports, swashplates, bellcrank supports, etc.)
- There’s no binding against the gearbox dowel pin during removal
- The use of Bridge Tools results in no gouges to bridges or transmission cases and no gearbox dowel pins pulling out.
Bottom Line: Using EVC’s H-60 Bridge Tool Deluxe Kit results in an average savings of 48 to 52 labor hours per event, no damage to associate components, and increased first-pass quality yield!
A potential return on investment can be realized immediately by eliminating a single damage event to the Tie Rod.
The H-60 Bridge Tool Deluxe Kit has the right tools for the right job—to improve maintenance process time and quality—and to reduce costs.
The tool kit is approved for use by U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center (AMRDEC) Aviation Engineering Directorate and is documented in the ESS for ease of implementation.
Innovative Tools for H-60 Aircraft Maintenance
Eccentric Bushing Removal
Aft Bridge Removal
Bellcrank Sleeve Removal